I'm sorry, but here's why I left your site...
You have to admit that there are some pretty wonderful-looking sites out there. In fact, most of them are really nice. But, there are some that just don't seem to get the idea.
No, I'm not an EXPERT web designer, but, just like you, I know what I like, and what makes me leave a web site.
So, just for a while, let's pretend that I'm sending an email to... "someone". And the reason for writing is simply to let them know why I didn't visit their site for very long.
Any one, or more, of the examples below could have been used. They would not have been sent to offend anyone, only to let them know that MAYBE it's one of the reasons their sales are not what they expected.
Who knows, it might actually help someone!
- Winking, blinking, flashing, bouncing, rolling, jumping, twisting graphics. I came to your site because something attracted me to it. But, how can I concentrate on your offer, with all that distraction?
- Text, or graphics marching across my screen. I didn't come to your site to see how clever you were at web design. If I want to see a traveling marquee, I'll go to a theater.
- Your site runs way off my screen, and I have to scroll back and forth to read your offer. No, I'm not lazy, I just don't want to wear out my 'scroller'.
- Long, long paragraphs, that not only have 150 sentences, but run clear across the screen. Would be much easier to read if you broke it up into many paragraphs, and put into a table that is only half the screen width.
- I don't think I'm blind, but how the heck do you read red text on a pink background? Or dark blue on a black background?
- Wow, you must be making a pile of money, with all those affiliate links you have. Are they REALLY that good? Can't make up my mind which one to look at, so I guess I'll just have to leave.
- Gee, can I REALLY make $5,000 a week, in only 2 weeks? Seems real good, but it sounds so exaggerated I think I'll just leave for now, AND THINK ABOUT IT... Maybe!
- Sorry, but before your site even finished loading, you bombarded me with MUSIC. It really didn't do a thing for me...except make me leave...immediately! (I have my own radio).
- Now that's going too far! When I clicked on your site, a pop-up jumped out at me. That's not too bad, but when I clicked on one of your links, I got ANOTHER pop-up. And when I clicked OUT of your site, guess what? ANOTHER pop-up. Now you've gone and done it, because if I see another of your ads, do you really think I'll visit your site again?
For some reason, I don't think so...!
Just thought you'd like to know.
Copyright 2000-01 BJ Evans
You can make money with the Secret Site. "A Site to behold."